Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to move faders up and down by exact increments?

2 posters

Go down

Is it possible to move faders up and down by exact increments? Empty Is it possible to move faders up and down by exact increments?

Post by colachurch Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:59 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently using Logic Pro X 10.7.7.

I see there currently are possibilities to move faders up and down at relative increments.

The only thing I've found thus far is it will move up and down but not in exact integers. (Things like 2.8, 1.7, etc.)

I'm looking to move faders up and down in 3dB increments. 

Is that possible in this DAW? Even with scripting?

I think Logic doesn't accept NRPN but only MIDI CC commands from 0 to 127. I'm not sure if that matters but I'm curious if anyone knows if this is a possibility.

colachurch

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to move faders up and down by exact increments? Empty Re: Is it possible to move faders up and down by exact increments?

Post by Admin Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:23 am

Hi,

The Midi protocol only works with integer values and has no conception of dB, so you need to translate the 3dB steps to Midi value steps.

In theory, it should be possible to use a translation file configured for 3dB steps.

In practice, you must put much work into constructing that translation file. There is no one-to-one relationship between the number of midi steps and dB, and the MidiValue/dB curves differ between all daws.

You need to find out which Midi values represent each 3dB level in Logic and build the translation file with these values.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to move faders up and down by exact increments? Empty Re: Is it possible to move faders up and down by exact increments?

Post by colachurch Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:37 am

Thanks a lot! I may take it on as a project at some point.  Is it possible to move faders up and down by exact increments? 1f600

colachurch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down