Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uninstalled, now won't re-install (fixed)

2 posters

Go down

Uninstalled, now won't re-install (fixed) Empty Uninstalled, now won't re-install (fixed)

Post by Indrasnet Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:02 pm

Hi,

I have a big problem. StreamDeck XL, Win10, Streamdeck software: 6.3.0.18948.

I uninstalled your plugin as part of a troubleshooting process - and now the plugin won't re-install!
I click to install from the Elgato Plugin website - counter shows plugin installing. Then it says its installed - however when I go to the streamdeck UI - its not there. And all my profiles (I have many) that use your plugin are now showing empty buttons with "?".

I go back to the Elgato Plugin website and it allows me to click "Install" again - goes through same process - plugin doesn't install.

Any ideas - I use your plugin extensively and have spent days building profiles!!

Thanks,
Stafford.

Last edited by Indrasnet on Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Indrasnet

Back to top Go down

Uninstalled, now won't re-install (fixed) Empty Re: Uninstalled, now won't re-install (fixed)

Post by Indrasnet Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:17 pm

Okay - Panic over I think.

I don't think the plugin actually properly uninstalled - the files were still left in my folder: User/AppData/Roaming/Elgato/StreamDeck/Plugins/

Deleted your plugin folder in that location - and then your plugin installed from the Streamdeck website fine.

Phew!!

Indrasnet

Back to top Go down

Uninstalled, now won't re-install (fixed) Empty Re: Uninstalled, now won't re-install (fixed)

Post by Admin Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:36 pm

Great that you found the solution to the problem.  cheers

For unknown reasons, Stream Deck sometimes fails to remove all the plugin files during an uninstall operation, leaving the plugin inoperable and, as you have discovered, impossible to reinstall.

Your actions were correct; I have an FAQ entry about the case on the website.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down