Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Script button , strange behavior regarding position .

2 posters

Go down

Script button , strange behavior regarding position . Empty Script button , strange behavior regarding position .

Post by lionoil Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:36 am

Hello , i have a weird behavior regarding a template i am building . I suppose it is a bug from the stream deck midi plugin .
here it is:
I have buttons that can receive notes . depending if note is on or off it trigger the state 1 or 0
also when the button is pressed it can send a midi CC . Also regarding a unique CC it can write a "X" to say "muted" or not
The goal is to mimic the Syntakt behavior of the trigs. It works well but when i press some buttons it triggers other button . I posted a video on youtube then you can see that behavior .
Do you know what is happening ?
to complement i send you the script of a button :
this is the button 1
[(noteon:2,36,0-127){state:1}]
[(noteoff:2,36,0-127){state:0}]
[(cc:11,16,127){@l_ad1m:1}{text:#none#}]
[(cc:11,16,0){@l_ad1m:0}{text: X}]
[(press)(@l_ad1m:1){cc:11,16,0}]
[(press)(@l_ad1m:0){cc:11,16,127}]

Each button is formated exactely the same way regarding this rule .
[(noteon:2,36+X,0-127){state:1}]
[(noteoff:2,36+X,0-127){state:0}]
[(cc:11,16+X,127){@l_ad1m:1}{text:#none#}]
[(cc:11,16+X,0){@l_ad1m:0}{text: X}]
[(press)(@l_ad1m:1){cc:11,16+X,0}]
[(press)(@l_ad1m:0){cc:11,16+X,127}]

X go from 0 to 15 . 
here is the youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Lh7IUZJSg

here is a screenshot of the template :
Script button , strange behavior regarding position . Templa10
if you know why it does that ? and if it's a bug , is there a workaround waiting for the update? 

Thanks for your help ! Smile

Last edited by lionoil on Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:34 am; edited 5 times in total

lionoil

Back to top Go down

Script button , strange behavior regarding position . Empty Re: Script button , strange behavior regarding position .

Post by lionoil Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:51 am

oh Also !
I tried to trigger a button to change the jpg of a button bye pressing it .
I am shure of the path but nothing happen .
it did something really simple like 

[(press){image:%Images%\Streamdeck\Trevliga\Abltmpl\Ad2\Assets\Mute16.jpg}]
[(release){image:%Images%\Streamdeck\Trevliga\Abltmpl\Ad2\Assets\Mute15.jpg}]

I created the environnement variable myself and i can access it thru the windows brother .

PS : I found the solution . You can't put a custom image on the button if you want ti to load the one you want with the {image} action . If it happen to someone... Wink

lionoil

Back to top Go down

Script button , strange behavior regarding position . Empty Re: Script button , strange behavior regarding position .

Post by lionoil Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:26 am

OK , now nothing work correctly . 
I doubled the button . 
Now 16 button work on channel 1
And 16 button work on channel 2
For the notes .

Both group of 16 buttons receive CC from channel 11

The 16 mostleft have CC from 70 to 85
and 16 mostright have CC from 16 to 31 .

individualy button mostright from 16 to 31 worked correctly when pushed individualy ...before i add the 16 mostlleft ones ...  Shocked
Now it trigger the CC really fast like a midi loop when in the daw . And when outside the daw it trigger when pressing multiple time .

I send you the template in the message ?
Thanks you for your kind help Wink
Attachments
Script button , strange behavior regarding position . Attachment
Tmpl - Abl -Dr2 - KRD.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(772 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

lionoil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:58 am

Interesting. Shocked

First: It's a Stream Deck bug that the extra button is triggered when you press the lower three simultaneously. I'll report that to Elgato.

Second: You have switched the Midi in/out ports on the "3" buttons, which creates a Midi loop. I'm looking at how to block the loop, but it's a bit tricky. In addition, there's a bug in the Script button where it fails to change the port connections when you change them in the editor.

To fix the situation, please correct the port assignments for the "3" buttons, switch to another profile and then switch back to this profile.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

lionoil likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lionoil Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:58 pm

Thanks !
I first reaseign the correct ports . 
and simplified also the script :

[(press){cc:11,16,0}]
[(press){cc:11,16,127}]
[(noteon:2,36,0-127){state:1}]
[(noteoff:2,36,0-127){state:0}]
[(cc:11,16,127){text:#none#}]
[(cc:11,16,0){text: X }]

It's working almost flawesly now . Just the unintended trigger . I will just need to mute them 4 fast but independently Smile

Thanks for your help . Thanks for your incredible plugin !

lionoil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:58 pm

Great that it works. I have confirmation from Elgato that they can reproduce the problem, and it is reported to the "core team".
Admin
Admin
Admin

lionoil likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:01 pm

According to Elgato, the strange key behavior is a hardware problem, and they say:

"Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything we can do with the current hardware".  Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lionoil Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:36 pm

Then all the Elgato hardware have this problem ? I couldn't image it was such a bug .Did they answer if it Would  have a fix for futur hardware or did they say nothing about it . 
Then i will have to think differently the template.  Sad because i was able to put exactly 2 drum pads on it. 
Thanks for all your kindness and your help !! 😁

lionoil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:40 pm

The only additional comment they had was this:

...but maybe something to keep in mind.

I don't know exactly what that means, but probably that they should (maybe) think about it when designing future hardware.
Admin
Admin
Admin

lionoil likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lionoil Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:37 am

Admin wrote:The only additional comment they had was this:

...but maybe something to keep in mind.

I don't know exactly what that means, but probably that they should (maybe) think about it when designing future hardware.
lol! . ok . I will try it on the stream deck+ XL ... when it will be done Very Happy . Maybe it would be fixed .
Thanks again ! Have a nice day !

lionoil

Back to top Go down

Post by lionoil Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:41 am

Oh ! I am thinking ! I was not interested in the stream Deck Mobile and don't have a tab bu....Then i suppose it does not have this problem ? Do you know more about it on that point ? are the profile are fully compatible from hardware stream deck to the IOS one ?
Thanks .

lionoil

Back to top Go down

Post by lionoil Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:27 am

I tested it further . In fact it is not restrained to the lower right buttons . multiple lcd pad are triggered because of triggering other buttons simultaneously .
It appears that the Stream Deck is not built for triggering simultaneously multiple pad .Then for music it's not the best choice . Even if the Stream Seck is really usefull for other Music things : using daw, midi CC . It is not a good choice for playing chords for exemple, or muting multiple tracks simultaneously . The point is , it was not meant for that after all Smile . Still it was built for doing lots of different things . I think we have reach a limite there regarding music. Good to know  Very Happy

lionoil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:51 am

lionoil wrote:Oh ! I am thinking ! I was not interested in the stream Deck Mobile and don't have a tab bu....Then i suppose it does not have this problem ? Do you know more about it on that point ? are the profile are fully compatible from hardware stream deck to the IOS one ?
Thanks .

Elgato said the problem is not present in Stream Deck Mobile.

I'm an Android guy and haven't a clue what works on IOS.
Admin
Admin
Admin

lionoil likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lionoil Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:41 pm

Thanks for your answer ! I will make a try then !  
Very Happy
Thanks ! for everything ! Have a nice day !!  Script button , strange behavior regarding position . 1f31e

lionoil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down