Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using MIDI/Stream Deck to automate lights/scenes etc

3 posters

Go down

Using MIDI/Stream Deck to automate lights/scenes etc Empty Using MIDI/Stream Deck to automate lights/scenes etc

Post by MikeMills Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:50 am

Hello!

I've gotten into livestreaming on twitch, performing along to back tracks. I use Reaper DAW and OBS. I've set up 3 cameras and they all have dedicated scenes in OBS.
I'm wondering if there's a way I can automate scene changes to trigger at certain points in the song via MIDI. So as an example, when the song gets to the guitar solo, a MIDI note written in a track in Reaper can trigger a scene change in Stream Deck to switch to the camera I have on my guitar. And then when I get to the chorus, another MIDI note could be assigned to trigger another scene change to cut to the camera on my face.
Hopefully that makes sense? I've tried searching for info on this and I can only find info on going the other way (pressing a button on the stream deck to trigger a response in a DAW)

Has anyone tried this? I've been mucking about these past few weeks trying to get it to work with LoopMIDI etc but I think I'm in way over my head... 

Anyway thanks in advance if anyone has any advice! Smile
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}

MikeMills

Back to top Go down

Using MIDI/Stream Deck to automate lights/scenes etc Empty Re: Using MIDI/Stream Deck to automate lights/scenes etc

Post by Admin Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:12 am

Hi,

The simple answer is, I'm afraid, "no".

One Stream Deck plugin cannot affect or trigger another plugin. Two buttons using the same plugin can interact (if the plugin is built for it), but it is impossible for one plugin to control (or even be aware of) buttons using other plugins.

I don't know how OBS is controlled, but if it is using keystrokes, you may be able to use Bome Midi Translator to do what you describe.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Using MIDI/Stream Deck to automate lights/scenes etc Empty Re: Using MIDI/Stream Deck to automate lights/scenes etc

Post by MikeMills Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:22 am

Ok, thanks for the response!
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}

MikeMills

Back to top Go down

Post by snagadj Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:06 am

where can i get the midi plug in?

snagadj

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:39 am

In the Stream Deck store:

Using MIDI/Stream Deck to automate lights/scenes etc Store
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down