Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monitoring the state of Nuendo automation window buttons on Streamdeck XL

2 posters

Go down

Monitoring the state of Nuendo automation window buttons on Streamdeck XL Empty Monitoring the state of Nuendo automation window buttons on Streamdeck XL

Post by thinkglobalmedia Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Hello,

our company recently purchased a Streamdeck XL and I followed your intructions to get the Nuendo plugin running as a generic MIDI controller. By now, we are quite happy how it's running but we have a problem with the automation window.
Whenever we create any command for the automation mode (like Touch or Auto-Latch), the Nuendo studio setup sets the command flag in the lower section to 'P' and I can't choose anything else. In my understanding, 'T' is necessary to show the correct state of the funtion on the Streamdeck. It gets worse with the Fill Modes (like Fill to End or Fill Loop). Here I have the same problem with the flags as before, but these buttons actually have three states: inactive, active and active locked.

Is there a solution to our problem that anyone is aware of? We are newbies with Streamdeck so don't hesitate to give beginner tips.

Thanks for any help,
Simon

Btw, we are running Nuendo 10.2 on a WIN10 machine.

thinkglobalmedia

Back to top Go down

Monitoring the state of Nuendo automation window buttons on Streamdeck XL Empty Re: Monitoring the state of Nuendo automation window buttons on Streamdeck XL

Post by Admin Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the Generic Remote in Nuendo. Obviously these functions (in the Generic Remote) are hard coded to be Push functions (hence the missing "T" flag). Further more, Nuendo doesn't send any state if you make a change in Nuendo, so it will be extremely hard to maintain a reliable state on the Stream Deck.  Crying or Very sad

You can kind of build something that kind of work Rolling Eyes  using the Latch functionality in the Note On/Off action in my Midi plugin. That way you can have a number of keys that locally on the Stream Deck maintain a state between them, but everything will be out of sync if you make a change in Nuendo (...like, load a new project...)

Please tell me if it is something you want to try, and I'll guide you through the configuration.

Best,
Gunnar
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down