Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

latency with cubase

2 posters

Go down

latency with cubase Empty latency with cubase

Post by jarnix Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:11 pm

Hi,

First thank you for this amazing software.

I have installed everything and set up Cubase (9.5) and for example when I press the "stop" key on the Stream Deck I have a high latency like 1 second. It's the same for almost every key (like zooming up or down). I don't have this latency with the keyboard obviously. Sometimes I have to press the key multiple times to be heard by Cubase Smile

I don't know where to look. I attached the zipped log to this post.

Thank you !
Julien
Attachments
latency with cubase Attachment
pluginlog.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

jarnix

Back to top Go down

latency with cubase Empty Re: latency with cubase

Post by Admin Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:25 pm

Hi,

That sounds very odd. The log file doesn't include any relevant information regarding the key command action but I can see that the midi action have trouble reading files from the Cubase folder.

I see that you have Cubase 9.5. I can't remember if I have tested the plugin with that Cubase version, but I can't see any obvious reason why it shouldn't work. What version of Cubase do you run? (Pro/AI/LE...).

Could you please enable extended logging as described at the bottom of this page, quit and restart Stream Deck, press some keys  and then send a new log file to me?

Best,
Gunnar
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by jarnix Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:33 pm

Hi Gunnar,

Yes it's a 9.5 Pro, because obviously I'm a pro haha.

I did what you asked and attached the log to the message. I pressed (at the end) for example "Stop" 4 times to make Cubase stop playing. Hope you'll see something in the logfile.
Attachments
latency with cubase Attachment
pluginlog.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

jarnix

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm

Thanks.

I don't get it Sad

Everything in that log file looks OK! Every key press on the Stream Deck is sent immediately (0.00ms) and a response is received from Cubase 50-200ms later (when you send "Play" Cubase respond by setting the "Stop" button in the "Off" state, and vice versa). I don't know why it's such a wide time span on the responses but it's the same on my computer.

So from all I can see, both the Stream Deck, Cubase and the virtual Midi ports are doing exactly what they should do. What I can't see is if there's any delay between your actual key press and when the plugin get to know about it, but I can't see any reason why there would be a delay there unless there's some kind of USB or hardware problem.

One thing that is puzzling is that you say that you pressed Stop 4 times at the end - did you mean that you pressed that same button 4 times in a row without anything else in-between? In the log file I can see alternating Play/Stop buttons but not multiple presses on the same button. The last log entry is a single Stop button. confused

I assume that you are using the latest Stream Deck software, the latest plugin version (1.4.6) and that you have verified that these kind of delays/missed presses doesn't occur with other plugins?

How is the Stream Deck connected - through a USB hub? If so, try to connect it directly to your computer and see if there's any difference. Unless there's some kind of USB related problem that delays and/or drops key presses I haven't a clue what is going on.

I really don't know where to go from here. scratch
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down