Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding a new instrument track and loading a VSTi into it (ex Halion/ The Grand3)

3 posters

Go down

Adding a new instrument track and loading a VSTi into it (ex Halion/ The Grand3) Empty Adding a new instrument track and loading a VSTi into it (ex Halion/ The Grand3)

Post by jon1shot Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:00 am

Hi there,
First of all thanks for developing this plugin for stremdek. Most appreciate here in France Smile
I have just bought my Streamdeck, I manage to link it to cubase and its Keycommands.
Hopwever, I cannot manage to create a means to create a instrument track and add it "The grand" for instance or A kontakt VST. I've looked on the internet for hours and no one seems to know how to do this ?
Is there a way to do this via your plugin ?
Je te remercie beaucoup !
Jon

jon1shot

Back to top Go down

Adding a new instrument track and loading a VSTi into it (ex Halion/ The Grand3) Empty Re: Adding a new instrument track and loading a VSTi into it (ex Halion/ The Grand3)

Post by Admin Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:36 am

Hi,

It can't be done with my plugin but you can do it with the Super Macro plugin. To get a button to create a track with the Super Macro plugin:

Adding a new instrument track and loading a VSTi into it (ex Halion/ The Grand3) Superm10

What I have done is...

1. I have set the key command Alt-T to "Instrument" (i.e. "Add instrument track")
  2. From the Super Macro plugin I added the action Mouse Location to a button and pressed the button on my Stream Deck (to get it to track mouse location)
  3. In Cubase I right-click and select "Add Instrument Track" (or press Alt-T)
  4. I position the mouse pointer on the Instrument dropdown and note the mouse position on the Stream Deck button (see image above)
  5. From the Super Macro plugin I added the action Super Macro to a button and added the following text in the Short-Press field:
    {{ALT}{T}}
    {{MOUSEXY:819,500}}{{LBUTTON}}
    the grand{{Enter}}{{Enter}}
    ...where the MOUSEXY position should be replaced with the position you noted in step 4. (Please note that this require that the Add Track popup must always  stay at the same position, you must not move it)
  6. At the bottom of the Super Macro configuration you must check the "Delayed KeyDown Mode" otherwise Cubase doesn't handle Alt-T correctly.

That's it, pressing the Stream Deck button would now create a track with The Grand loaded. The same procedure can of course be used to load other VSTs and if you load Kontakt you can extend the macro to position the mouse (if necessary) and enter keystrokes to load instruments in Kontakt. I am by no means an expert in Super Macro but I guess you can do just about anything in Cubase with it. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

jon1shot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Adding a new instrument track and loading a VSTi into it (ex Halion/ The Grand3) Empty Re: Adding a new instrument track and loading a VSTi into it (ex Halion/ The Grand3)

Post by jon1shot Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:33 pm

Wicked !!
I'l try this tonight and keep you posted as soon as I have managed to do what you told me.
Your tutorial seems pretty clear
I wasn't familiar with the super macro but I'll investigate.
Cheers.
Come back to you soon.
Jon

jon1shot

Back to top Go down

Post by Maax555 Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:38 pm

Hi Jon, some time has passed now, I wonder if you got this working?

Maax555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down