Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generic Remote Device not available in CuBase

2 posters

Go down

Generic Remote Device not available in CuBase Empty Generic Remote Device not available in CuBase

Post by pgtips123 Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:46 am

Hi,  I'm trying to configure the Stream Deck Cubase profile to work with CuBase Pro 11.

I have the following error showing within the Stream Desk profile:

- Stream Deck Midi Out not connect, is virtual Midi port StreamDeck2Daw active?

(This is marked as inactive in CuBase MIDI port setup but I don't see how to enable it. I'm running loopMIDI and the two ports are setup).

Also, nNote that there was no Defaults.xml file or Key Commands.xml file in the Steinberg folder, so I just copied the files from the "CuBase 11_64" subfolder - I don't tend to change from the defaults.
Attachments
Generic Remote Device not available in CuBase Attachment
Cubase Studio Setup.JPG Studio Setup screenshotYou don't have permission to download attachments.(233 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
loopMIDI setup screenshot.JPG loopMIDI screenshotYou don't have permission to download attachments.(31 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Stream Deck Error.JPG Stream deck errorYou don't have permission to download attachments.(25 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

pgtips123

Back to top Go down

Generic Remote Device not available in CuBase Empty Re: Generic Remote Device not available in CuBase

Post by Admin Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:11 am

Hi,

From the images you attached everything seems to be fine, so I don't understand what the problem with the StreamDeck2Daw port is. One thing you could try before everything else is to delete that port in loopMIDI and re-create it. My thinking is that there might be some unprintable character in that name, making it something else than what we think it is.

I don't understand how you copied the Defaults.xml and Key Commands.xml files  - they're expected to be in the "Cubase 11_64" sub folder and nowhere else. The files aren't created in that folder until you actually make some change to the configuration, and I usually recommend making some minor change to a Key Command and then change it back.

The StreamDeck2Daw is inactive as Cubase output in your setup, which is normal.

If re-creation of the port doesn't solve your problem, could you please send me the log file "%appdata%\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\se.trevligaspel.cubase.sdPlugin\pluginlog.log"?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Generic Remote Device not available in CuBase Empty Re: Generic Remote Device not available in CuBase

Post by pgtips123 Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:57 pm

Your statement says it is normal for that port to be inactive, in which case everything is OK, although I don't understand the error message then. Anyway, on the face of it everything appears to work, despite the error message so I'm happy. Thanks.

pgtips123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down