Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trying to toggle between two CC values states and not working OSX

2 posters

Go down

trying to toggle between two CC values states and not working OSX Empty trying to toggle between two CC values states and not working OSX

Post by toneking Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 am

I am trying to toggle between CC value ie. 25 + 25 as I have them set up as two audio levels,  

Am I mistaken I thought I was able to this before I updated? 
I would love to be able to add a second state that can be programmed with a different CC number, also a three state toggle would be awesome for a Volume setup 
(1 would be full 2 would be Dim 3 would be mute) 

As of right now I would have to use two buttons on the StreanDeck + and that is not an option (to few buttons on the + )

If I am missing on how to set up the two state toggle option let me know. or its broken on the latest version of SD and Midi

MBPro m2 OSX 13.5.2  StreamD 6.5.2  Midi 3.8.1

Last edited by toneking on Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : title had typos and wasnt clear)

toneking

Back to top Go down

trying to toggle between two CC values states and not working OSX Empty Re: trying to toggle between two CC values states and not working OSX

Post by Admin Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

I have no problems configuring a CC button to toggle between two values in version 3.8.1. If this does not work for you, I recommend enabling extended logging, reproducing the problem, and sending me the log file.

Regarding toggle with different CCs and three states, I recommend using a Script button.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

trying to toggle between two CC values states and not working OSX Empty Re: trying to toggle between two CC values states and not working OSX

Post by toneking Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

WHere do I add a second CC value for my state /toggle change I only see one CC value that is the same for both statestrying to toggle between two CC values states and not working OSX Both_s10

Last edited by toneking on Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : photo too wide)

toneking

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm

toneking wrote:WHere do I add a second CC value for my state /toggle change I only see one CC value that is the same for both states
Yes, that is why I said, "Regarding toggle with different CCs and three states, I recommend using a Script button."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toneking Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 pm

I figured out one part of the scripting, I am having an issue with getting icon files to load.
1. Is there a way to script a way to use the two icon states in StremDeck+ icon slots? this would be the best solution.
2. If not can you look at the script and tell me what to change to get this to work on my computer? The CC changes work just trying to get two icons to switch depending on state. this is the icon file path on my computer Macintosh HD/Users/iggy/Documents/Trevliga Spel

Code:
[(press){cc:1,25,127}{image:%Macintosh HD%/Users/iggy/Documents/Trevliga Spel/-28 Genelec.png}]
[(press){cc:1,26,127}{image:%Macintosh HD%/Users/iggy/Documents/Trevliga Spel//-35 Genelec.png}]

also tried this
[(press){cc:1,25,127}{image:%Trevliga Spel%/-28 Genelec.png}]
[(press){cc:1,26,127}{image:%Trevliga Spel%/-35 Genelec.png}]

Last edited by toneking on Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add more info)

toneking

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 pm

1. Dials do not have script capability at the moment, so there is no direct way to control dial icons using a script. You can do it by "bouncing" via a background script, but that's a bit more complex than an ordinary script, so I suggest you get your first script running first.

2. The second image path has a double backslash after "Trevliga Spel", which probably makes that icon missing. What is the exact path to your icons? In the script, you use "%Macintosh HD%", but in your message, you say "Macintosh HD". I can see exactly what is going on if you enable extended logging, switch away from the page/profile with the script and then switch back. And send me the log file. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toneking Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 pm

How do I attach the text log file? sorted the upload out
Here is the log file

I had fixed the dbl // but that didn't change anything
Attachments
trying to toggle between two CC values states and not working OSX Attachment
pluginlog edited(smaller).txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(628 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by toneking on Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:41 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : made smaller log file)

toneking

Back to top Go down

Post by toneking Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:37 pm

toneking wrote:I figured out one part of the scripting, I am having an issue with getting icon files to load.
1. Is there a way to script a way to use the two icon states in StremDeck+ icon slots? this would be the best solution.
This is not about using the dial its about using the two icon slots built into Stream deck as opposed to looking for png files in the Trevling Spel folder

see pics
Attachments
icon state 1.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(33 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
icon state 2.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(32 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by toneking on Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : attaching pics)

toneking

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:34 pm

You can use the {state:0} and {state:1} actions to access the built-in icons.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toneking Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:59 pm

Admin wrote:You can use the {state:0} and {state:1} actions to access the built-in icons.
Great that works!!!! THANKS Very Happy

I am still interested in how to load png's from the Trevlinga Spel folder. Were you able to look at the log file and see how it might be failing? 

SOLVED

Thanks for all your help and for building this awesome plugin!

Last edited by toneking on Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : solved issue)

toneking

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:29 pm

I answered your email.
Admin
Admin
Admin

toneking likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down