Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie using Mackie to control DjayPro

2 posters

Go down

Newbie using Mackie to control DjayPro Empty Newbie using Mackie to control DjayPro

Post by Johannes Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:00 pm

Hello Forum! :-)

I am trying to use the MIDI PlugIn together with a StreamDeck+ to control a DJ-software called DJayPro, which works with many DJ-MIDI-Controller out there.

1. I can assign buttons with MackieControl to switch on/off DJayPro internal FX1 - FX3
- What should I know to get a visual feedback about FX1 is on or off into StreamDeck+? 

2. I can assign Mackie Control Dial rotate actions to control the FX1 - FX3 wet/dry
- the behavior from left to right is as expected, but other way it jumps to left (0).

3. I can get this only to run, if I set the rotate actions to Channel 1, then 2, then 3. 
- so only 5 more rotate actions are left, right? How can I assign more midi channels? For me it seems I can only change under "Section: ..." to assign another MIDI Channel?

Looking forward to jump into this.

Best regards
Johannes
Attachments
Newbie using Mackie to control DjayPro Attachment
Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-13 um 19.47.50.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(727 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Newbie using Mackie to control DjayPro Attachment
Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-13 um 19.48.18.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(722 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Johannes

Back to top Go down

Newbie using Mackie to control DjayPro Empty Re: Newbie using Mackie to control DjayPro

Post by Admin Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:24 pm

Hi, and welcome.

I quickly looked at the user manual for DJayPro and can't find any information about Mackie Control being supported. The online list of supported controllers also lacks any Mackie Control-compatible device.

I assume that DJayPro does not implement the Mackie Control protocol, so you shouldn't use Mackie Control buttons on Stream Deck. Mackie Control is a predefined protocol where both sides must implement the protocol; otherwise, it won't work.

My suggestion is that you use the Generic Midi buttons and dials instead. You need to set up the midi mapping in DJayPro, which is probably rather tedious work, but when Mackie Control isn't available, you must define everything yourself. (Had Mackie Control been available in DJayPro, you wouldn't need manual midi mappings since everything is predefined in the protocol.).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down