Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better icons and basic starter profiles

2 posters

Go down

Better icons and basic starter profiles Empty Better icons and basic starter profiles

Post by kC_ Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:58 am

There is a built in profile found in appdata... but this is for the XL version..
Would be nice to have profiles for the standard 15button or mini aswell as the XL (also this was hidden away and only found after I found your website and instructions) by this time I'd already setup my own basic profile..

Some other elgato plugins I installed popped up a box during install "this plugin has profiles, do you want them.to be added" - maybe useful if this could be added to yours for first time users.. just add the right profile

Also while I appreciate the extra icons that have been added, would be way nicer with the actual cubase icons

kC_

Back to top Go down

Better icons and basic starter profiles Empty Re: Better icons and basic starter profiles

Post by Admin Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:33 am

Yes I agree - I would love to include profiles for all versions but the editor has no functionality to do this. I only have the XL myself so it's the only profile(s) I can create. If users can provide profiles for other versions I'd be happy to include them in the package.

Regarding the "this plugin has profiles, do you want them.to be added" it is something I cannot control, nor want to use. I have no control over the installation process and cannot give any information or do anything at that stage. The popup you see is a built-in thing for a very special kind of profiles that I honestly do not understand the use or need of. I can include read-only profiles in the package and if I do, that popup will automatically be shown. But who has the need for read-only profiles, i.e. profiles that you can install and use but never change? So instead of doing that I include the profiles as ordinary files in the package, but I agree that the information about their existence should be much better. A popup window for new users when they add their first button (as discussed in another thread) I think is the best way to highlight this information.

Regarding the icons, I cannot agree more! I have tried every way I know of to get my hands on the real icons, but to no avail. The real icons are hidden somewhere in some resource file in the Cubase installation folder. I can guess which file it is but I cannot get any confirmation or information from Steinberg. The file I think it is, is stored using a proprietary format that I haven't found any usable information about. I have tried to decipher it but haven't succeeded. I have put an official request to Steinberg to get the icons or to get information on how to extract them, but being denied. I have had contacts with Steinberg employees who have tried to get the information from the inside but haven't succeeded. It's as if the icons are the most valuable things with that program! Ridiculous.  All in all it ended up with me making my own icons...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down