Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The thing with StreamDeck's Button-Pushed-Effect

2 posters

Go down

The thing with StreamDeck's Button-Pushed-Effect Empty The thing with StreamDeck's Button-Pushed-Effect

Post by Viplex Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:10 pm

Elgato implemented a behaviour where when you push a button on the StreamDeck the icon on it gets minimized a bit as long as you hold the button. As i know it can't be deactivated.

I'am using this wonderful plugin together with QLC+ DMX software to control various buttons. For this i'am using control change buttons. The states of the buttons in QLC+ are sent back to the StreamDeck at the same time.

In some cases, the Elgatos "minimize effect" overlaps with the new button state getting received from QLC+ resulting in a short but weird image flickering on the StreamDeck.

I think a nice fix would it be to have the option to reveice new button states AFTER releasing the button and not immediately when it got pressed. In other words, as long as i press and hold the button on the SteamDeck, it can't receive new states.

I know this is a very small edge case but maybe it can be implemented Smile
Maybe as a checkbox option in buttons.

Viplex

Back to top Go down

The thing with StreamDeck's Button-Pushed-Effect Empty Re: The thing with StreamDeck's Button-Pushed-Effect

Post by Admin Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:23 pm

Officially, you can't deactivate the icon behavior when you press the button.

Unofficially, there is a rumor of an undocumented setting that can deactivate it.

If I do anything in this regard, I'll probably look at the option to have complete control over the button icons without having the Stream Deck software intervene.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Viplex likes this post

Back to top Go down

The thing with StreamDeck's Button-Pushed-Effect Empty Re: The thing with StreamDeck's Button-Pushed-Effect

Post by Viplex Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:27 pm

That would be great if you could have a look at this setting. I will also donate to you for your effort Smile

kind regards!

Viplex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down