Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unable to find 'plug-in' option in category

2 posters

Go down

unable to find 'plug-in' option in category  Empty unable to find 'plug-in' option in category

Post by LennartK Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:30 pm

Hi there, many thanks for this handy Nuendo Plugin.
I have encountered 1 problem I cannot seem to solve.
I would like to acces the category 'Process Plugin' in Nuendo. It is supposed to be found between Process Logical Preset and Process Project Logical Editor. 

Can be found in Nuendo, but not linked to in the Stream Deck application.

Looking forward to the answer:)
Many thanks in advance!

Lennart

unable to find 'plug-in' option in category  Screen10

LennartK

Back to top Go down

unable to find 'plug-in' option in category  Empty Re: unable to find 'plug-in' option in category

Post by Admin Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:40 pm

Hi,

For the time being, that category is excluded since it is defined very differently from all other categories. The information needed to show the options isn't available in the KeyCommands.xml file (which it does for all the other categories), so I've simply excluded it. Embarassed

I'll see if I can add it in some future update.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

unable to find 'plug-in' option in category  Empty Re: unable to find 'plug-in' option in category

Post by Admin Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:49 pm

Try this.

Cubase V 2.3.0.8
Nuendo V 2.3.0.8

Download, unzip and "execute" the containing .streamDeckPlugin file to install the plugin.

I don't have Nuendo installed, so I can't guarantee that it works, but Cubase and Nuendo typically use the same file names, so it should work.

I probably should do a public release out of this, but I'm a bit overloaded at the moment.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LennartK Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:51 am

Hi,

It works very well. Thank you for arranging this so fast.

When choosing the command the readable plugin names are not displayed (only numbers and letters / plugin code), which probably explains why you did not give acces to this folder yet to main users.

Easy fix for us: 
we Key-commanded the plugins
remembered which Key commands where attached to which plugin
identified the plugins by the key commands in the stream-deck app.

see screenshot:
unable to find 'plug-in' option in category  Untitl10

many thanks again. Will visit your PayPal page now. All the best!

LennartK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:49 am

The names of the plugins are stored in a separate file, and if the plugin can't find that file, it will display the internal names of the plugins.

The file name used by the plugin is the one used by Cubase 12 (because that was the only one I knew of); maybe Nuendo uses another file name.

The file name I search for is "VstPlugInfoV4.xml" is there a similar file name in the Nuendo folder?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:10 pm

I investigated a bit further, and the plugin names I read from that file (VstPlugInfoV4.xml) seem to be present only in Cubase 12 (and probably Nuendo 12, but I don't have a copy of that).

In Cubase 11 and Nuendo 11, there are no plugin names in the files, so I haven't a clue where they are stored. Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LennartK Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:44 pm

We use Nuendo 12, so no worries there.

I checked the VstPlugInfoV4.xml file and could not find the names there. Only the numerical ID's that pop up in Streamdeck. 

For us that is not a big issue, but I can imagine it is for other users.

best, and thanks again.

Lennart

LennartK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:52 pm

Finding plugin names is a mess; they are scattered all over the place, but I think I have found something that works reasonably welll.

Nuendo 2.0.3.10
Cubase 2.0.3.10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down