Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support for Streamdeck +?

+2
deadfly
Joerg
6 posters

Go down

Support for Streamdeck +? Empty Support for Streamdeck +?

Post by Joerg Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:52 pm

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Support for Streamdeck +? Empty Re: Support for Streamdeck +?

Post by Admin Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:47 pm

Hi,

Yes. Very Happy

I've been participating in the beta group and tested SD+, so I have a device. Unfortunately, Elgato hasn't published the SDK (Software Development Kit) yet, so I don't have any information on how to develop for the new dials.

I don't know why they decided to wait with the SDK release, but it should be available any day now.

V-pots and faders are apparent candidates for use with the new dials, but I need to see the SDK to see what else can be done with them (and the touch-enabled screen associated with each dial).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfly Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:57 pm

Hello,

Will the dials not work at all for midi cc commands until you release an update? Presumably they will work for keyboard shortcuts eg Cubase zoom in/out?

The Stream Deck Plus looks like the ideal device for controlling VST quick controls etc. I'm just wondering whether I should wait a bit...

deadfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:23 pm

Plugins must be adapted for the dials, so midi commands will not work until I have had time to adapt the plugin to SD+.

Currently, only plugins provided by Elgato work with the dials (since no one else has got information on how to do it).

One of the plugins provided by Elgato is "Hotkey", so as you say, using that plugin, you can trigger Cubase key commands using the dials.

Since I haven't seen any documentation yet, it's hard to say how much work is involved in adapting the plugin to the dials, but I wouldn't be surprised if we pass New Years' Eve before I can release a dial-enabled version.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfly Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:26 pm

ok, no need to rush Wink

Thanks for the reply and thanks for developing the software!

deadfly

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:14 pm

Didn't find a topic for that but can we discuss here about how the rotary encoder could interact with your plugin ?

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:33 pm

We can absolutely discuss this here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on what functionality you want to see.

The apparent usage is to adapt the V-pot and fader buttons for the rotary encoder, but I have no clear view of what to do with the display, both from a display point of view and from a usage point of view.

What we have is the rotary knob that can be rotated (obviously!) clockwise and counterclockwise and pressed. In addition, we have a display that can be swiped up, down, left and right and tapped (so we can have "buttons" in the display).

I have thought of maybe having a button on the display where you can toggle the rotary encoder between coarse and fine adjustments, but I don't know if there's any real need for that.

What are your thoughts?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:07 pm

OK so I jump in, for very basic midi note change or CC values change.

We could set function like this:

-RCCW = midi decrease value (CC number or midi note)
-RCW = midi increase value (CC number or midi note)
-P = reset to a predefined value or nothing

Screen to display the midi value or/and an active knob icon display.
I saw very intuitive "half knobs" display.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfly Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:12 pm

I think my main request would be for the screen to display what function the knob is assigned to. It would be a nice bonus if it could also display the current value

deadfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:31 pm

willmodelisme wrote:
I saw very intuitive "half knobs" display.

What do you mean by that? Is there anything currently shipped with SD+ that has this?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:49 pm

No, I saw that on some profile built by sideshowfx for cubase or davinci

Support for Streamdeck +? Trackm10

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:28 pm

I missed this info but yes indeed, push button to switch btw coarse and fine would be great.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm

Yes, sideshowfx makes cool stuff; I think I'll have a chat with them about their ideas for the rotary encoders.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:05 pm

I think an intuitive way to implement the Knob Grafix using the Half Knob design. The background can be changed in the SD app but the indicator (half Ring can be implemented in the plugin}. so we can change the look of the v-pot Support for Streamdeck +? Green10
Support for Streamdeck +? Ring-o10
Support for Streamdeck +? Yellow10

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:08 pm

I have thought of maybe having a button on the display where you can toggle the rotary encoder between coarse and fine adjustments, but I don't know if there's any real need for that.

Yeah, there is a need for a sensitivity option for the knobs.

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:36 am

Had my SD+ for a while now, looking for good ways to integrate it with VoiceMeeter and OBS, my use case might not be too common, but I'm chiming in to see if anyone else has ideas too.
So many of the existing functions are AWESOME! It seems to me that it really comes down to replicating the button-functions so they work with the knobs. A preliminary release that gives us individual note/CC options for CW/CCW/Press would be extremely useful, basically have each knob act as 3 additional buttons, with maybe a 4th button as a touchscreen tap, graphics don't have to be fancy, simple labeling and existing iconography would be fine as we're not emulating pots and faders yet. The entire bottom row of my SD+ currently sits empty, so even this would be very much appreciated.
As for sensitivity with pots/faders maybe the best way to handle it would be to divide the range into "steps," so for example if I set my BGM Volume Knob to have 20 steps, then turning the knob CW would increase the fader level by 5%. You could set the step count individually for fine adjustment and a coarse adjustment, maybe a swipe up or down on the touchscreen to toggle between them.
Just PLEASE let me keep my push-knob-to-CC. I really value having a tactile click when it comes to mute and other toggles, I do a lot of live production in VR and can find a knob blindfolded, but if I have to tap a touchscreen to mute something in a hurry, all bets are off.

Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:17 am

Thanks for your input.

I have yet to see the SDK, so I don't know exactly what options I have for the dials. I understand your concern about the press functionality, but I don't know what my options are. The knob press is used to switch between plugin instances in a stack, so I don't know if it's available for me in the plugin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:55 pm

I've heard that a private SDK is available. Can you confirm ?

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:22 pm

I don't know of any private SDK, but Elgato released their SDK to a beta group (that I'm a member of) recently, so I have started looking at it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:35 pm

Maybe this is the same, I might have misunderstood the reply from elgato about it.
They are very reactive by the way.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down