Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple MC instances?

2 posters

Go down

Multiple MC instances? Empty Multiple MC instances?

Post by Joerg Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:22 pm

Hi Gunnar,

I hope you are doing well. For a new project I would like to know whether it would be possible for you to allow running a second MC instance on another MIDI in/out Port. Atm you point out that this is defined to be global using Mackie Control actions.

Is this general not possible or do you expect to much traffic for the Streamdeck to cope with?

cu
Jörg

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Multiple MC instances? Empty Re: Multiple MC instances?

Post by Admin Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:18 pm

Hi,

I would say that it is first and foremost designed to be simple.

It would be possible to use multiple midi ports and have the plugin act as multiple Mackie Controls, and that wouldn't cause any higher load on the critical parts of the Stream Deck infrastructure.

But...

The plugin needs to keep track of all controllers available in the Mackie Control protocol, so whenever a command is received on the Mackie Control Midi port, the Mackie Control background engine in the plugin will save that state regardless of if the current profile has any button for that control.

The state for all controls in the Mackie Control engine must match the state in the daw; otherwise, everything will fall apart. My way of ensuring this is to enable a single set of Mackie Control ports, and if you change the port for one button, it automatically changes for all other buttons (...as you are well aware Very Happy )

If I were to enable multiple midi ports for Mackie Control, I must implement multiple background engines that keep track of all controls for each Mackie Control. In addition, to keep things reasonably controllable, I need to implement some kind of Midi port selection system that ensures that you only have the intended Mackie Control ports selectable.

So, it's doable but would require much more work than what you might expect. Due to this, I would advise you not to expect anything like that anytime soon. If ever... Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:40 pm

Yeah, it makes no sense to change the architecture without sufficient payoff. So I will have to live with the 8 channel limit. Thx for your fast reply.

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:42 am

I had a second look at it, and let me rephrase my statement a bit.

I would advise you to expect anything like that anytime soon.

It required a lot of changes but wasn't as complicated as I first thought. I still have a lot of tests to perform, but it's looking promising.

When I have a stable version finished, would it be possible for you to help me with beta testing?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:25 pm

Just let me know if you got something to test.

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down