Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue toggling RECORD function in Ableton

3 posters

Go down

Issue toggling RECORD function in Ableton Empty Issue toggling RECORD function in Ableton

Post by alloneword Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:57 am

I’m using the Midi plugin to control some functions in Ableton, but I’m running into an issue. I have the button set to TOGGLE with one icon for OFF and another for ON. The button should indicate if it’s recording or not, but when the button is set to TOGGLE, Ableton doesn’t stop recording when I push the button a second time. I have to push it a third time.
In all other button modes, I push it once for ON and again for OFF, but the icon on the deck doesn’t reflect that the line is active.
The person I’m making this for won’t be able to look at the computer running Ableton, so it’s important that what’s happening on the deck is accurate to what the software is doing.
Thanks

alloneword

Back to top Go down

Issue toggling RECORD function in Ableton Empty Re: Issue toggling RECORD function in Ableton

Post by Admin Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:33 am

Hi,

I don't know how you have configured the remote in Ableton, but I got the following configuration to work:

Issue toggling RECORD function in Ableton Ableton
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Issue toggling RECORD function in Ableton Empty Re: Issue toggling RECORD function in Ableton

Post by alloneword Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:39 am

Thank you!

I'll give this a go and report back if there are any problems.

alloneword

Back to top Go down

Post by ozark2001 Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:21 pm

Admin wrote:Hi,

I don't know how you have configured the remote in Ableton, but I got the following configuration to work
This works great here too!

I just wonder how did you know the exact command number and values? Are those Novation SLmkiii specific or standardized and is there a list somewhere with all possible CC numbers to be usable for this configuration?

ozark2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:15 pm

To be honest, I don't remember how I got that number, but I probably used Bome Midi Translator to view the Midi communication and pressed the button in Ableton.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down