Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any interest in localized names of key commands?

Go down

If you are interested in localized versions of key commands, please indicate for what language(s)

Any interest in localized names of key commands? Vote_lcap0%Any interest in localized names of key commands? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Any interest in localized names of key commands? Vote_lcap0%Any interest in localized names of key commands? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Any interest in localized names of key commands? Empty Any interest in localized names of key commands?

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:55 pm

In the configuration file saved by Cubase/Nuendo all names are stored in English regardless of the language used by Cubase.

The plugin display the Key Commands as they are stored in the file (more or less...some minor "translations" are made where Cubase even in English store something else than what is displayed in the Key Commands window).

When displaying the Key Commands window on localized versions of Cubase there are some internal translations going on, and the source and means for those translations are not publicly known.

If I attempt to implement localized key commands in the plugins, I need to have translations for all the available key commands (about 1.600 in Cubase) and map them to the correct name in the configuration file. This is of course a massive job that I unfortunately cannot do myself since I only have the English versions of Cubase/Nuendo.

I have asked Steinberg to get access to their translation tables, but doesn't have high hopes for getting that request granted.

So with this poll I would like to know if there is any interest in localized key command names, and if anyone is willing to help in translating the names (or really...document the texts as they appear on your localized version of Cubase/Nuendo).
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down